News

#Mass shooting hits multiple locations in Lewiston, Maine

At least 20 people are believed to be dead and dozens more have been injured.

October 25, 2023, 10:53 PM

At least 20 people are believed to be dead and dozens more have been injured after a bowling alley came under fire in Lewiston, Maine, Wednesday evening, law enforcement sources confirmed to ABC News.

There are also reports of shots fired at additional locations, including a local bar, according to law enforcement sources briefed on the situation.

PHOTO: Law enforcement vehicles are shown at a scene of a shooting in Lewiston, Maine, on Oct. 25, 2023.
Law enforcement vehicles are shown at a scene of a shooting in Lewiston, Maine, on Oct. 25, 2023.

Nichoel Wyman Arel

A nurse at Maine Medical Center told ABC News the shooting unfolded at a bowling alley during its youth night.

“Maine Medical is on lockdown right now awaiting Lewiston patients,” the nurse said. “They just called for [emergency department] nurses and critical care nurses to come in, set up three stretchers to each single critical care bay. They just got their first two patients — both gunshot wounds to their thighs.”

A suspect is not yet in custody and an active manhunt is underway. Androscoggin County Sheriff’s Office shared a photo of the alleged gunman on Facebook Wednesday evening, asking for identification help via messenger or email.

PHOTO: PHOTO In this image posted to the Androscoggin County Sheriff's Office, a suspect in an active shooter event is shown in Oct. 25, 2023.

In this image posted to the Androscoggin County Sheriff’s Office, a suspect in an active shooter event is shown in Oct. 25, 2023.

Androscoggin County Sheriff’s Office

The White House said Wednesday evening, “The President has been briefed on what’s known so far about the mass shooting in Lewiston, Maine and will continue to receive updates.”

Governor Janet Mills posted on X that she was aware of the situation and urging “all people in the area to follow the direction of State and local enforcement. I will continue to monitor the situation and remain in close contact with public safety officials.”

ABC News’ Aaron Katersky and Josh Margolin contributed to this report.

This is a developing story. Check back for updates.

If you liked the article, do not forget to share it with your friends. Follow us on Google News too, click on the star and choose us from your favorites.

For forums sites go to Forum.BuradaBiliyorum.Com

If you want to read more News articles, you can visit our News category.

Source

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button