MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries update to add cross-platform play and more on May 27 ”
Update due out alongside Xbox Series, Xbox One, Steam, and GOG versions.
MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries will feature cross-platform play for the first time in franchise history, publisher Sold Out and developer Piranha Games announced.
The game, which is available now for PC via the Epic Games Store, will receive a major free update on May 27 alongside its Xbox Series, Xbox One, Steam, and GOG releases that adds over 30 new and enhanced features, including cross-platform play.
Piranha Games also announced that the downloadable content “Heroes of the Inner Sphere” will be playable entirely in cooperative play, and that the special “Kobold Hero Mech” will be an exclusive for the Microsoft PC and Xbox platforms with a custom load-out and paint job, plus a special new “Goblin AI” pilot with all-new dialogue.
To celebrate the upcoming features, the price of the base game has been dropped to $29.99.
“The MechWarrior community feedback has been vital for the 30-plus quality-of-life updates and new content at launch,” said Piranha Games president and executive producer Russ Bullock in a press release. “We’ve strived to meet fan expectations for what a MechWarrior experience is with this release—including a new co-op cross-platform experience, base game price drop, and downloadable content with the ability to join a friend for free—and look forward to hearing from them on May 27.”
Get the latest details below, via Piranha Games.
MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries finds players in the battlefields of the future, dominated by BattleMechs, hulking machines of war capable of leveling entire cities. As the inheritor of a once-glorious Mercenary company, the quest for glory and revenge will stretch light years, chasing the threads of interstellar intrigue on the journey to become an elite MechWarrior and mercenary commander.
The merc life of a MechWarrior BattleMech pilot continues in the “Heroes of the Inner Sphere” downloadable content. Follow your chosen career path from War Dog to Treasure Hunter in the new Career Mode. Explore new warzones, new quests, and new missions that span the full scope of the Inner Sphere. Hunt the Heroes with special quests that tell the story of seven new heroes and their lostech mechs. Find new mech chassis and variants, weapons, equipment, as well as blueprints to quirk your prized mechs.
Piranha Games has spent a year addressing player concerns for MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries, implementing enhancements and crushing pain points resulting in over 30 major updates.
Highlighted new features include:
- Cross-Platform Play – Fight alongside your friends with four-player player-versus-enemy co-op support on PC (Steam, GOG, Epic Games Store) and Xbox.
- Downloadable Content Sharing – Play cooperative games with players that own the downloadable content to experience the content.
- Extreme conditions.
- Loads of Gameplay Changes – Including Infantry present throughout game, full 360 LOD radar (with BAP available with downloadable content), more extreme conditions and effects, enhanced AI, enhanced salvage crates, and so much more.
- Campaign Changes – New story beginning and optional tutorial.
- User Interface Changes – Ability to track encounters and where to hunt desired ‘Mechs, instant action loading previously selected mechs and pilots, modding updates, amongst others.
Watch a new trailer below. View a new set of screenshots at the gallery.
If you liked the article, do not forget to share it with your friends. Follow us on Google News too, click on the star and choose us from your favorites.
For forums sites go to Forum.BuradaBiliyorum.Com
If you want to read more News articles, you can visit our Game category.