“Dangerous Lies and the 6 worst movies on Netflix”
Dangerous Lies is among the worst movies on Netflix
It’s no secret that critics and audiences have not been kind to one of Netflix‘s most recent movie releases, Dangerous Lies. One critic even calls the movie “dangerously bad.” Which other movies from the streaming titan are being called the worst movies it has to offer?
Dangerous Lies was released in April 2020. The movie stars Camila Mendes as Katie Franklin, a caregiver who inherits a large estate from someone she knew only for a few months. A murder mystery ensues, but don’t think it’s nearly as interesting or captivating as Knives Out.
It’s not only critics who strongly hated on Dangerous Lies. At Rotten Tomatoes, the movie has a rotten score of 30% from critics and 21% from audiences. Yikes!
Needless to say, if you haven’t watched the movie, it looks like you’re not missing out on much! And speaking of missing out, here are five other movies you can skip on Netflix.
THE WRONG MISSY, 2020
David Spade as Tim Morris and Molly Sims as Melissa in The Wrong Missy. Credit: Katrina Marcinowski/NETFLIX
The 5 worst movies on Netflix
5. The Wrong Missy: The movie co-produced by Adam Sandler just isn’t the same without Adam Sandler. While critics have given the movie a harsh 36%, audiences seem to be divided right at 52%, according to Rotten Tomatoes.
The premise of the movie is simple and inviting, we follow Tim, a man who meets two women named Melissa. One seems to be his perfect match, while the other is too wild and unpredictable for his liking.
When Tim texts who he believes is Melissa, the woman of his dreams, to a company retreat, he is shocked to find the other Melissa, aka Missy, at the airport instead.
4. The Last Thing He Wanted: Not only is this Netflix original movie one of the worst movies on Netflix, but it’s also the most disappointing.
The film stars a popular and talented cast that includes Anne Hathaway, Ben Affleck, and Willem Dafoe. Just from reading the names, we feel excited to watch, and the plot also shows promise. But, get this, it only has a 5% from critics at Rotten Tomatoes. Now, I know some critics can be rough and difficult to please, but a score that low says it all.
3. Secret Obsession: There is absolutely nothing secret about Netflix’s Secret Obsession. This movie is pretty terrible. If you need to know what the movie is about, simply watch the trailer (which we link to above). It’s not only one of the worst movies, but it’s also an awful trailer. It spoils everything the movie is about, including what was supposed to be the twist.
2. Sextuplets: We love Marlon Wayans, we truly do. And the more the merrier, but starring in Sextuplets portraying each role is not what we meant by this.
In the movie, Alan learns he is not an only child. Far from it. Alan is a sextuplet, so he goes on a journey to reunite with his long-lost siblings.
1. The Kissing Booth: I don’t feel like The Kissing Booth is one of the worst movies on the streaming titan, but with a 17% rotten from critics at Rotten Tomatoes, many beg to differ! Audiences are a tad more kind with 59%, but it’s still safe to say it’s not the best movie Netflix has to offer.
Still, shockingly so, The Kissing Booth is getting a sequel that debuts on July 24, 2020. Will you be watching?
Which of the movies on this list do you believe are the worst movies on Netflix? Did we miss one you believe should be on the list?
If you want to read more Like this articles, you can visit our Social Media category.