Table of Contents
Social media has dominated our lives in the current digital era. While it has many advantages, social media usage comes with its fair share of risks, particularly for young children who are not prepared well to handle its complexity.
As the many cases of online predators, inappropriate information, cyberbullying, and harassment exist, it is crucial for parents to be able to keep an eye on their children’s social media use. And parental control apps can help with that.
In this post, I’ve listed the best parental control apps for social media after researching different parental control apps to assist parents in protecting their kids online.
Let’s jump right into it!
With the benefits of kids using social media, a fair share of risks are also involved. Thus, parents and guardians should keep an eye on their kids’ social media accounts for a number of reasons:
- Internet safety: When using social media, kids could be at risk of being exposed to inappropriate content, cyberbullying, or online predators. Thus, keeping an eye on their social media accounts helps to safeguard them from these dangers and assures parents that their kids are utilizing the platform safely.
- Manage screen time: Social media can be addictive, and too much screen time can harm kids’ mental and physical health. Parents who monitor their children’s accounts can help them manage their time on social media and ensure they don’t spend too much time online.
- Understand their social circle: Children can use social media to interact not just with their friends but also with complete strangers. Parents who follow their children’s accounts can better understand their social circle and take appropriate action if needed.
- Educate right online conduct: Parents can use their children’s social media interactions as an opportunity to teach them about appropriate online conduct, such as respecting others’ privacy and avoiding cyberbullying, by keeping an eye on their kids’ accounts.
Monitoring children’s social media accounts can simply help to secure their safety, encourage responsible online conduct, and give parents information about their kids’ social life.
As a parent, you are always concerned about your kids’ safety, be it online or offline, so parental control apps greatly help ensure that your kids are safe online.
Young children may not be aware of the dangers of mobile devices and the Internet. By using parental control software, you can ensure your children are not engaging in inappropriate online or digital activities.
Choosing the best safety precaution should be a top priority for parents to avoid any risks to their children.
Therefore, I’ve compiled a list of the best parental control apps for social media based on their features, price and affordability, compatibility, and pros and cons to help you narrow down the options.
Bark is a parental control software that monitors text messages, YouTube videos, e-mails, and 30+ social networks for potential safety issues.
It helps to monitor your child’s online activities across more than 30 apps and social media platforms and alerts you of any issues.
- Scans texts, emails, and more than 30 apps and social media accounts.
- Restrict access to offensive and inappropriate content.
- Custom screen time limits to establish healthy boundaries.
- Get alerts about your kids’ location check-ins.
- Add Unlimited Children
- Learn more about your child’s online activities and get advice from child psychologists.
- Compatible with both Android and iOS.
- Connects with more than 30 apps
- Real-time email alerts
- Live location available only by check-ins
- Browsing or search history not available
- Call log not available
The Bark Jr. plan costs $5 per month, and the Bark Premium plan costs $14 per month.
Fenced.ai is a parental control app that assists in managing and safeguarding your kids’ internet activity through remote surveillance, monitoring, and control.
Installing fenced.ai on children’s personal devices allows parents to monitor incoming and outgoing calls, social networking apps, messaging apps, and other aspects of their children’s online activities.
- Keeping track of social media apps like WhatsApp, Viber, Facebook, Instagram, and Skype.
- Monitor SMS and call history.
- Monitor installed applications, application usage, E-mail activities, and browser history.
- Wifi logger to monitor the sites your kids are exploring by tracing connected hotspots.
- Monitor photos, videos, contacts, and location.
- Flexible pricing.
- Attractive UI.
- Good customer support.
- Most of the features are only available on Android.
- Slow data sync speed.
Fenced.ai has basic, standard, and premium plans. The pricing starts at around $5.00/month for a single device. The pricing varies depending on the type of plan and devices. Check their website for detailed pricing information.
With Qustodio, parents can manage their children’s screen time across all devices safely and responsibly from a single dashboard.
It offers a full dashboard for keeping track of your child’s online activity and is compatible with Windows PCs, Macs, Chromebooks, Android, and Kindle devices.
- Social media monitoring like Facebook and Twitter.
- Filter inappropriate content, apps, websites, and games.
- Track locations.
- Monitor Calls and SMS.
- Set daily time limits.
- Compatible with a wide range of devices like Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Chromebook, and Kindle.
- Easy-to-use attractive user interface.
- The free version provides many useful features compared to other apps.
- Relatively expensive
- Limited social media tracking
It has three plans, i.e., small (5 devices), medium (10 devices), and large (15 devices), costing $54.95/year, $96.95/year, and $137.95/year.
One of the best parental control apps, Net Nanny has a cutting-edge, user-friendly interface, great web filtering technology, blocks pages only after carefully examining them, and lets you set your own filters. Its features go beyond its Internet-filtering roots by providing tools for screen time control and app blocking.
Moreover, Net Nanny has content screening for social media apps, such as Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube, rather than completely blocking or allowing them.
- Social media security by managing numerous social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, and more.
- Reduce your exposure to adult content or pornography.
- Disable the apps you don’t want your children to use.
- Set specified times of the day for your child to use the internet.
- allows or blocks websites.
- Get notified of online activity.
- Real-time location tracking
- Advanced web filtering
- Screen time management feature
- Relatively expensive.
- Most advanced features cost extra.
- Designed for internet monitoring rather than phone calls or text monitoring.
Net Nanny costs $54.99/year (original price $79.99/year) for 5 devices with a 30% discount for a limited time. Check out their website for further pricing details.
A powerful AI-powered app, MMGuardian, offers almost all the parental control features you could want on Android phones, including logging, blocking, and reading text messages and blocking calls.
It offers social media monitoring of some of the popular apps like Facebook messenger, Instagram, Whatsapp, etc.
- Text monitoring
- Location Tracking
- Web filtering and blocking
- Alert parents to situations of concern by scanning and analyzing messages and pictures.
- Some social media monitoring.
- Cloud-based dashboard for parents.
- View the full content of all text messages sent and received.
- No email monitoring
- No geofencing
- Not very affordable for large families
MMGuardian costs about $49.99/year for a single-child device and $99.99/year for the family plan.
Norton Family is an additional parental control tool that aids with social media, games, apps, and internet blocking. Also, you have the option to change the settings and choose the alerts you want to receive.
- Location tracking.
- Set screen time limits.
- Monitor browsing history and blocks unwanted sites.
- Monitors your kid’s applications and gallery.
- An instant lock feature is available.
- Gain insights into your kids’ search history on their devices.
- Keep tabs on the apps downloads on your kid’s phone
- Relatively less expensive.
- Excellent user interface.
- Norton’s family app lacks a number of advanced features.
- It only has one version. Thus, businesses and schools are unable to use it.
- A 30-day trial edition of the application is also available, but it costs money.
Norton Family only has one version, which will cost you $49.99 per year.
In today’s digital world, it’s more crucial than ever to have tools that can assist parents in protecting their kids from the possible risks of social media. This is when the role of parental control apps comes into play.
These apps can assist parents in striking a balance between enabling their children to use social media and protecting their safety by monitoring and limiting access to specific apps and websites.
They give parents some amount of access to their child’s online activities, which can be helpful in spotting and resolving any problems before they become more serious. However, parents should be able to distinguish between protecting their kids online and invading their privacy.
Thus, if you’re a parent worried about your kid’s social media use, consider using reliable parental control apps to keep them safe online while keeping their personal space and freedom in mind.
Related article : Your ultimate guide to parental controls
If you liked the article, do not forget to share it with your friends. Follow us on Google News too, click on the star and choose us from your favorites.
For forums sites go to Forum.BuradaBiliyorum.Com
If you want to read more like this article, you can visit our Technology category.